The Booranga Writers’ Centre Micro-Grants 2021
- a resident of regional NSW (excluding greater Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong)?
- an individual (not an organisation)?
- have a great idea for a writing project?
- need money to assist your writing activities?
- have an ABN? *beginner and early-career writers may submit a Statement-by-Supplier form from the ATO
Booranga is pleased to announce we are now offering micro-grants to the writers of regional NSW. These small grants are for individuals, for up to $1000, and are intended to restart literary activity in the regions after the social tumult of pandemic lockdowns.
Our main criteria for this funding is that the money goes to assists writers in regional NSW. Booranga and the NSW Government are committed to supporting writers with a demonstrated need and we understand that a small amount of money can be of immense value, helping you get your idea and practice up and running.
We intend that this money supports your needs through and beyond the pandemic and accordingly all reasonable requests for funding (for a need related to your writing practice) will be considered. Grants are open from Thursday 22nd April to Thursday 20 May and funding decisions will be announced by Thu 27 May, for projects happening in 2021.
Please read these guidelines, check eligibility requirements, and send applications to: email@example.com
- Grants of up to $1,000 per application are available, where approved.
- There is a total of $15,000 available in this stimulus round of Micro Grants
- Grant applications will be assessed by a panel comprised of the Booranga Executive Committee members and staff.
- Applications open: 22 April 2021
- Applications close: 20 May 2021
- Decisions advised by: 27 May 2021
- Projects to be completed: by the end of 2021
1. Applicants must be a resident of regional NSW (defined as any area of NSW excluding greater Sydney, Newcastle and Wollongong
2. Applicants must demonstrate a real need for the grant funding
3. All grant allocations made by Booranga are made on the assumption of honest and full disclosure of information contained in the application. Evidence of any breach will render the grant null and void in which case any funds paid under the scheme must be returned
4. Grant funds will not be provided for any unlawful, unethical or political purposes
5. Applicants must immediately advise Booranga of any proposed changes to the purpose or proposed use of grant funds from those detailed in the application. The decision to withdraw funding following notification of proposed changes shall be made at Booranga’s discretion.
The following activities or uses are not eligible for funding:
- Retrospective funding of any event or activity
- Fundraising events
- General operating expenses or ongoing costs of long-term continuous projects
- Activities which could be considered part of the curriculum for schools or tertiary institutions.
- Non-writing related activities
Micro Grants will be awarded to applications that best meet the following four selection criteria:
1. The project is innovative and addresses a real developmental need identified by the applicant
2. The project fosters regional writing activity
3. The project is achievable and clearly defined
4. The budget amount and expenditure provides value for money and accurately reflects the project idea
Applications open 22 April, with individuals based in regional NSW eligible to apply.
Applicants should send a word document of no more than one page (around 300 words) telling us:
- Your name and contact details
- A brief description of what you are proposing to do with your grant money, including a very simple budget
- Provide your bank details and ABN so that we can pay you if you are successful
application forms should be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org with
‘Micro-grant Application’ as the subject line.
Acknowledgment and Reporting
Successful applicants will be required to acknowledge the NSW Government and Booranga in any outcome or publicity associated with your project.